Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Oh Plump Mommy

Oh dear. It has been a few days (ok 1.5 weeks) since we've been able to get out on the greenway, but plump? Seriously? Egads.

We had a nice, relaxing day today. I've been perusing a copy of Games for Math by Peggy Kaye and I'm planning on buying it. It's a terrific book, full of easily implemented suggestions and lessons. Today we played Penny Toss: a fun little game that gets kids counting. We incorporated a few extra tosses to increase our counts. Later, I tried out a technique she calls number stories. You make up stories. About numbers. D'oh! (Explaining it seems a bit pedantic.) However, we were able to play on the trampoline today. It was a nice PE/math combo. Take that, public school!

Now if only I could increase the socialization, all would be perfect. We're still trying to build that community. We've definitely found some kindred spirits; I just want a few more. Don't I always?

1 comment:

Sherry Gann said...

Hahaha!! Oh plump mommy, you crack me up! :D