Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Goldfinger

First haircut in a salon: $5
First manicure: $5
Awesome quote of the day: Priceless

"Do you know why I chose gold? Because gold is my favorite color." Gold fingernail polish, ladies and gentleman. Gold. GOLD. Go 'Dores!

We also started going to Wednesday night Bible study at church tonight. Above all the obvious benefits, there was cake. CAKE. Bonus! And, she was chosen to be the line leader. Possibly a greater honor than its dessert equivalent.

We also played a rousing Chutes and Ladders game today, practiced counting by 10s (again-sheer drudgery) and listened to a really neat story, The Witches of Venice, set to music by Phillip Glass. We read the story, ingeniously provided in the liner notes, then tried to decide which part of the story we were hearing through the music. We did a pretty fair job of matching story to song.

She also played the Reading Island game, but she's getting a bit discouraged. It takes several iterations of each game in order to achieve the number of tickets to advance to the next level. She's gettng bored with some of the games because they aren't challenging enough. If only I had known about this web site a year ago! A friend recommended Reading Eggs and I'm inclined to sign up for the free trial. Our goal for this year is fluency and we're getting there, slowly but surely.

I can't believe I forgot about the healthy lunch she prepared for us. I was skeptical, but luckily, I kept my negativity to myself. She fixed us a really healthy lunch: one square of granola a piece, four pretzel goldfish and a handful of currants. She fixed our plates and carried them to the table. Hooray!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

h makes us breakfast a lot! it's fantastic!