Monday, March 21, 2011

Math Monday (3.21.11 edition)

Last week, we spent some time learning about measurement. We started with these books, both of which I highly recommend.


Then, to DD's surprise and delight, her Thinking Kids Math order arrived. The cards were a big hit.


Let the measuring begin!






Incidentally, these Thinking Math Cards have been the best purchase. She wants to do them every day, but limits herself to three so she won't get tired of them. Music to my ears.

Interested in learning different methods for teaching math? Head over to Joyful Learner and join in the fun.

Thanks, Living and Learning for getting me to think about math differently.

5 comments:

Sherry Gann said...

Yay! This post makes me smile. :D

Phyllis said...

I am going to look for those books. Thanks for the suggestion. Lovely math!

Amy said...

Thanks, y'all! Both of us are actually looking forward to and enjoying math these days. Changes in attitude!

Joyful Learner said...

Sounds like great resources! And your daughter self-monitors? That's wonderful! K tends to be all or done like me so we need to work on balance. Thanks for linking up!

Mandy said...

I'll have to check out those cards!