Saturday, March 19, 2011

Cedar Ridge Farm

On Thursday, we had the opportunity to visit Cedar Ridge, a beautiful farm where kids can explore the natural world and learn to identify what they discover. In spite of my Charlotte Mason leanings, nature study often gets short shrift in our homeschool. As long as we are able to participate in these classes, I'll cross that "concern" off my list.

It was a lovely day, made more so by meeting up with old friends that we don't get to see as often as we would like.

What I liked best about this class is that Mr. Todd encouraged his students to observe and question. Hanging out in our backyard will never be the same.



1 comment:

Joan said...

I love the pictures of the farm and absolutely love the way you have "collaged" them. Your blog is really beautiful as well as informative and entertaining. But what else would anyone expect???