Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award



I was so surprised and pleased when Leslie from Home Grown Love gave me a Beautiful Blogger award. Wow. Thank you, Leslie! It really made my day. I've enjoyed reading Leslie's blog for great ideas and encouragement. I hope you'll do the same.

It's been said many times before, but the support and encouragement I've received from my online friends has been invaluable. They have been there with supportive comments on the good days and the bad. Thank you.

The requirements for accepting this award are as follows:

1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Pass this award along to 15 bloggers you've recently discovered and whom you think are fantastic!
3. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.
4. Share seven (7) things about yourself.

My Seven Things
1. I love to read anything, but particularly mysteries. I am currently working my way through the Spenser novels by Robert B. Parker. How I missed these I do not know.
2. My love of reading now has to compete against my passion for Lost and certain BBC comedies that I stream through Netflix.
3. I am hopelessly, alarmingly devoted to Facebook.
4. I've been happily married for 10 years.
5. I love old movies, particularly musicals. I often wish I lived in a world where spontaneously bursting into song wouldn't necessarily mean a trip to the nearest mental ward.
6. I hope to travel to Europe one day.
7. I'm training for a marathon that may or may not take place at an unspecified time in the future. But I'm giving myself an E for effort.

It can be difficult to walk down the road less traveled. I've been fortunate to stumble across these wonderful blogs to remind me that I'm not alone. Or crazy. Or unsocialized. Here, then, in no particular order are 15 beautiful bloggers (some more recently discovered than others!) who help me make it through the day.

1. Bona Fide Mama
2. Living and Learning
3. Fanny Harville's Unschool Academy
4. Foursquare Schoolhouse
5. Magic and Mayhem
6. Handbook of Nature Study
7. Towhead Adventures
8. kirsten*can
9. The Joyful Chaos
10. Unplug Your Kids
11. Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers
12. The Snail's Trail
13. The Tie That Binds Us
14. The Magic School House
15. Outside the Sandbox

I've been encouraged and inspired by reading these blogs. They all have beautiful photographs, great ideas and uplifting spirits. I encourage you to check them out, if you haven't already.

Thanks again, Leslie, and happy blogging and homeschooling to all!

14 comments:

kirsten said...

thank you so much!

Fanny Harville said...

Thanks! I enjoy your blog too!

Sherry Gann said...

thank you!

Your #5 thing about yourself made me laugh so hard...and almost get up and start singing--love it! ;)

~Leslie said...

You are more than welcome!! You inspire me, too! ;D

...and I, too, was laughing with Sherry on your #5. It would be great, though! lol!

Brenda @ Tie That Binds Us said...

Thank you! You are sooooooo sweet!

Gracie Parker said...

thank you so very much!!

kw said...

Thanks, Amy! You've been following my blog FOREVER. Since the beginning. I love reading your blog, I need to stop being a hermit and leave more comments!

If you ever bust out in song, i am going to sing with you!

Barb said...

Thank you for the "beautiful" award. :)

I appreciate your thinking of me and my nature blog for this award.

Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much for passing this on to me, you made my day!

(Must say, I LOVE your #5!)

Shona Leah said...

Thank-you so much Amy!
LOL #5, What a wonderful world that would be..lalalalala!! And we should all have our own theme songs too don't ya think :o)
Also I'm with you on #7, maybe we'll be in that marathon together.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Amy!

Mandy said...

thank you! i appreciate you and your blog too, dear friend!

Karen said...

Thank you for the "beautiful" award. I enjoy your blog too. um and I like musicals too and I've been known to sing for no reason - my kids think its funny. :)

Magic and Mayhem said...

Aw, thanks! And how funny, because I just wrote that I spontaneously burst into song all the time before I saw your list. :)
~Alicia